Friday, May 22, 2009

Stop! It's Ranting Time!

I think it’s high time I did some complaining. So, I’m going to take some time today to rant to all of you about some of the things that are stressing me when it comes to dating. Yes, I know that I kind of already do that, but today it’s going to be more…accusatory. So, get ready for some ranting.


First off I’d like to get a few things off my mind where girls are concerned. Girls: Why on earth do you do such a good job of making a guy think you like him and then cruelly informing him that you have no romantic interest in him? Why do you lead us all on so much? If you like us, just tell us. The same goes for if you don’t like us. Don’t spend weeks (months, even?) acting like you are interested romantically if you’re not. Guys for the most part are not too extremely bright. We won’t usually catch your subtle little hints that you’re trying to send to us. We need to be told in plain English what you think. Don’t drag us through some interminably long rigmarole only to let us know that you just don’t like us that way. Guys tend to get attached to a girl faster than the girl will to the guy, so when you lead us on, it’s that much harder for us to get over you when you leave us. Also, while I’m on the topic, why do girls get themselves into a relationship with a guy when they know deep down that they don’t like the guy enough to marry him? What’s the point of that? And don’t tell me it’s to learn from. Getting into a relationship with a guy just so you can learn from it and then dump the guy is terribly rude and cruel. If you don’t feel that you could ever like someone enough spend your life with them, don’t stay with that person for several months to see if things will change. There may be the chance that they will, but that chance is pretty slim. They say that first impressions are hard to change, so the feelings you have for a person are going to be the same no matter how long you date them.


Now, just so that it doesn’t seem like I’m only picking on the girls, I’m going to chew out my fellow guys for a second. Guys: what the heck ever happened to chivalry? It just astounds me nowadays how many guys don’t even open doors for a girl they’re with. It may just be me (but I hope it’s not) but I always open doors for a girl. Car doors, house doors, store doors, you name it, I hold it open. It’s just second nature to me. But apparently not all men feel the same way. This leads me to one more complaint for the girls: Let us guys open doors for you! If you know that a guy is going to try to hold a door open, don’t try to beat him to the door just so you can open it instead. I’ve dated two different girls who would fight me about opening the doors. Just let us do it. We’re not trying to secretly treat you like we’re better, we’re just doing it to be nice, so let us be nice. Anyway, back to the guys. I know that when a girl breaks up with you, it’s a really hard thing to handle, but cowboy up a bit. Things are always going to work out for the better and you don’t need to spend years pining for your lost love. Besides, when you’re moping about like that, you’re ruining any chance you have of meeting another girl. Girls like to see strong men and when you whine and complain about how hurt you are, it’s really a turn off. It’s fine for you to be sad about it, but you don’t need to let every single person you run into know how sad you are. I would say that this applies to girls as well, but it doesn’t. Girls are much better at hiding their emotions from the world, so nobody really knows how sad they are. They just have other ways of letting it out. Guys, on the other hand, seem to feel the need to share their grief with every person they come across that pays them any attention.


Well, that felt good. I think I might make Fridays my weekly ranting day on this blog. Sorry if anyone was offended by anything I said in this. It wasn’t aimed at any certain person(s), just guys and girls in general. But, if I have offended you, let me know in the comments. In fact, leave a comment if you agree with me.

3 comments:

  1. On the girl's side, I think it's because girls like to be liked, even if they don't really like him. (Does that make sense?) Girls enjoy the feeling of being wanted. However, the one time I've done that was miserable and I have vowed never to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...you may be right. Although, I'm not sure why it happens. And I can honestly say that it happens for guys too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh... I love having guys open my doors for me. It's such a simple little thing, but it makes us feel good when someone opens our doors for us. With the exception of the crazy feminist that sued the guy for doing such, most of us find this sweet.

    One of my ex's actually told me that he was such a great boyfriend for opening my doors for me after nearly a year of dating. The tone he used made it obvious that he was expecting a 'reward.'

    ReplyDelete