Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Beauty: Soul

So, we’ve covered beauty in both the body and the mind, so what’s left? Soul. When you say someone has a beautiful soul, what exactly do you mean? For me, it means their emotions, their ability to love, are so great that it makes them much more beautiful than what most people see on the surface. There are many ways that a girl can show me that she has a beautiful soul. Is she kind to other people? Does she openly show love for others in both the things she says and the things she does? If we’re dating, does she genuinely seem to care about me and my feelings? Does she only try to build up not only other people, but herself as well? If the answer is yes to these questions, then she indeed has a beautiful soul in my mind.

A beautiful soul is probably vastly outweighs any other kind of beauty, in my opinion. Yes, intelligence is wonderful, but without the ability to love, it’s useless. A beautiful body is also quite nice, but if, beneath that body, you’re soul is filled with hate and resentment, you’re probably not as beautiful as others might think.

Beauty of the soul is also the hardest to find in people. I’m not saying that it’s hard to find because it’s not there, but it’s hard to find because you can’t really see it in people until you really get to know them. You’ll have to spend quite a bit of time with a person before you can honestly say that you have found their inner beauty. And if they don’t really have any, you’ll probably want to cast your line back out into the dating pool and wait for someone who does. Trust me; you’re going to want someone who is capable of being kind, loving and caring.

Laughter is also another great way to tell if a person has a beautiful soul. There’s a reason they say that laughter is the language of the soul. If a person laughs at another person’s misfortune, they’re probably not that beautiful on the inside. However, when they laugh because something truly is funny to them, it’s a different type of laugh and you can really see the beauty inside them.

So, what are some of the things you notice about other people’s inner beauty that you find attractive? Share your thoughts with us.

Beauty Part 1: Body

Beauty Part 2: Mind

Beauty Part 3: Soul

1 comment:

  1. It's very much so the same for me as well, this is without a doubt by and far what the most important thing to be true about someone for me to fall for someone. So much so in fact that if I feel like I can't connect with them on this level they have no chance with me whatsoever.

    It's also probably the most difficult one for me to explain out of them all though, just simply because for me it's really more of a feeling that eminates from someone rather than just certain particular personality traits. I mean those traits are pretty much essential for me to feel that feeling from them in the first place, don't get me wrong. I just think that there are certain ways in which one can be that way that makes them special and unique. And in that way that they are special and unique about it, that's really more of where you get that feeling from.

    If we're talking about the traits themselves though, I think you pretty much hit it right on the button. Someone who's kind, caring, loving, has a great sense of humor. And I'll add onto that as well just simply someone you can just sort of hang out and have fun with easily enough. You know, someone you can create all sorts of happy memories with, and someone you can just relax with to sort of take all the cares and weight of the world off your shoulders.

    ReplyDelete