Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Where Has The Love Gone?

Someone told me that I should rephrase my question that I asked in the last post. So, here I go. I shouldn’t be asking why it’s so hard to fall in love. For some people, that’s apparently easy. What I should be asking is: Why is it so hard to stay in love?

When you first fall in love with somebody the feelings are all new and fresh. Everything that person does is wonderful to you and every second you’re with them, it’s like magic. You want to call them up all the time just so you can talk to them and hear what they have to say. When you’re apart from that person, it’s like there’s a constant rain cloud hanging over you that will only go away when you see that person again. When you’re with that person, you always want to be in contact with them, whether it’s by holding hands, or by putting your arm around their shoulder or just holding them while they doze in your lap. You think that you could never be happier than in those moments when you see that other person smile. But, each time you see them, you feel happier than the last time. You’re willing to go to any lengths just to be near that person. Have I made my point?

So, what happens in a relationship that diminishes those feelings? If you feel so incredibly in love with another person, how is it that you can suddenly not care for them anymore? It’s a question that I’d really like answered, because it’s kept me up at night more often than I’d care to admit. How can you go from loving everything about a person to not wanting to be near them? When you’re in love, you tell everything to the other person. The thought of ever lying to them never even crosses your mind. Yet, when those feelings are gone, you find yourself telling those untruths more and more often. The more you do, the further apart you grow from that person.

How does it happen? Is it just a gradual diminishing of love, or does it just go away all at once? Honestly, I have no idea, so I’m really going to need some input here. Leave a comment with your thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. Well from what I have learned from love( and you're probably saying "Shut up Becky I don't want advise" but you're getting it anyways) is when you realize that loving that person is the easiest thing you do in life, then they are the one. I had soo many relationships where I was consantly working or worrying...but when I met George it was like love came natural for both of us. Anyways, all I'm getting to is when you realize that, then you have it made. And trust me...it is worth waiting for... You have plenty of time to meet the perfect girl and sweep her off her feet. (just don't wear your debt shirt) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always say Bryson If you really want to be with someone. You put your whole heart and soul into it. You jump and keep trying to be with that someone. With that movie we saw. Any one can be with any one. You just have to keep trying. Girls want to be noticed want to be loved. They just never put there heart out on the line. It's great when a guy does. If you keep complaining about your life you're not doing. If you never try then you'll never know. If you do try and it doesn't work. Keep trying. Never give up! It is this silly game of life.

    So... in the long run I always say. "If you always DO what you've always DONE. You'll always GET what you've always GOT". If things are working your way. Try doing things a different way. You'll see you will find that right perfect person for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been commenting so much that you are probably sick of hearing from me, but I can't help but toss in my two cents...

    It seems to me that the love isn't vanishing, it is just changing. The first few happy months are great, but it's only just the first stage and sadly, not a whole lot of relationships make it through that change.

    http://www.lovecoachblog.com/the-eight-stages-of-relationships/

    ReplyDelete