Monday, June 29, 2009

A Rant Without A Moral

Hey! It’s me! I’m still alive; I’ve just been on vacation, which is why there haven’t been any posts in over a week. But, I’ve got a great rant for you today. (At least, I think it’s good.) Here it goes:

There are two things about myself that I know for certain. First, I like to listen to my music really, really loud. It’s great when I’ve got my stereo blasting in my car or my room. I like not being able to hear anything but the guitar riffs or bass lines pounding in my ears. Second, I’ve never met anyone who has worse luck with girls than me. I’ve struck out more times than I can count. Heck, I’ve even struck out before I even got up to bat, if you can believe it, and that’s really hard to do. You’re probably saying something along the lines of: “Hey, Bryson, you should be positive about things like this.” And you’re right, I should be. And, deep down, there’s a part of me that is. Otherwise I wouldn’t keep throwing myself out in front of the oncoming train that is known as dating. I’m really of two minds when it comes to dating. Part of me absolutely hates everything about it. I hate repeatedly putting myself out on a pedestal for girls to see as if I were some sort of oddity up for auction that will get bid on by one girl who will win, then get tired of me after a couple of months of looking at me on her mantle and who will then throw me out on the curb with the rest of her trash. Then, there’s the part of me that loves dating. I love going on a first date with a girl and getting to spend time alone with her, learning things about her that I would never have known if I hadn’t had the nerve to approach her in the supermarket that day I was out of milk and ask her out. (No, that never actually happened. *)

Any time I decide that I’m going to ask a girl out, there’s a fight inside me between these two sides of my mind. The side that likes dating will argue that I’ll have a good time on the date and that things might work out with the girl while the side that detests dating will point out that the last time “things worked out with the girl” they really didn’t and I became depressed for 2 months. (That didn’t happen either. **) Usually though, the side that likes dating will win the fight and I’ll ask the girl out. Now, whether that part of me was right or not is another thing; which brings me back to the start of my rant. I’ve never met anyone who has worse luck than me with girls. It’s not that I can’t get a date; it’s that, usually, when I do, the girl lets me know that it will be the only one we ever go on. The reasons that girls will come up with as to why they will never go on a date with me again are either really ridiculous or funny, or they’re really hurtful. Hurtful happens more often than ridiculous or funny, which might explain why I end up in a foul mood after a date so many times. (That’s an exaggeration. ***)


Hmmm… I usually have some way to wrap this all up, but today I don’t. This really was just a rant. Well, thanks for listening to me. It felt good to get that off my chest.


(* I was actually out of eggs.)


(** It was probably longer than that.)


(*** No, it’s not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment