Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Follow Me, Follow You

Yes, I know I already did a post today, but I ran across this and wanted to get everyone’s opinion on the matter.

http://laurabelle89.blogspot.com/2009/07/my-boy-boycott.html is one of the blogs that I follow; it belongs to a good friend of mine, Laura. In this particular post, Laura talks about the “Boy Boycott” that she is currently on. She’s had it with guys and is giving up dating for a while. To quote her: “Guys are dumb… or at least the majority of them are.” She explains the reason for the boycott thus: “I’m not certain I want to deal with all that goes along with dating.” She also goes on to talk about the stresses that this is causing. Guys just don’t seem to get the point that she doesn’t want to go out with them and continue to ask her out over and over. What does everybody think about that? It reminds me of a post I did a while ago about persistence being a virtue or not. If a girl tells you “No, I don’t want to go out with you” that should be it, right? You’ve gotten your answer. But, again, there’s the other side to look at. Can persistence be a good thing in the long run? You know, having that “never say never” attitude has helped people through history, but does it apply here? If a girl has made it clear that she absolutely doesn’t want to date you, or anybody else, should you keep trying?

According to the guys Laura mentions in her blog, a boycott is a dumb idea, but in my opinion, it’s a great idea. Sometimes a break from dating can be a good thing, it gives you a chance to spend some time on yourself and to reorganize your thoughts. So kudos to you, Laura, you stick to what you feel you should be doing and don’t let anyone make you feel different.

(Yes, I know this is kind of just a repeat of a previous post, but this time I have an actual example to use, so I’m using it.)

2 comments:

  1. It is such a relief to have somebody agree with me on this! Hahaha! Most people think I'm being dumb and mean. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so very welcome! I totally agree with you. Although it's never really lasted all that long with me, I've gone on a dating boycott a couple of times. It really helps sometimes.

    ReplyDelete