Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sing, Sing, Sing. I Like To Sing.

I hate it when inanimate objects try to tell me something. It’s pretty frustrating, but can be funny at the same time. Today’s is more on the funny side, with just a touch of coincidence thrown in to make me scratch my head in thought.

At my job I’m allowed to listen to my iPod, which I do every day because it makes the 8 hours I’m here bearable. I usually just set it to shuffle and listen to whatever comes up. Today is no exception. As I’m doing my daily paperwork I’ve got my earbuds in and I’m listening to some great music. Then, something strange happened. The song “Best of My Love” by the Eagles came up. I didn’t really feel like listening to a love song, so I skipped to the next track which happened to be “When You Love Someone” by Bryan Adams. Again, I skipped ahead to the next track. What should come up but, you guessed it, another love song. This time it was “I Love Her” by the Beatles. I was starting to get frustrated at this point and skipped ahead through 5 more songs, all of which were love songs which included “Love Me Do” also by the Beatles, “My Love” by Wings, “Why Can’t This Be Love” by Van Halen “Make You Feel My Love” by Garth Brooks, and finally “I Want To Be Loved” by Prozzak. The song that came up after those was “I Don’t Wanna Be in Love” by Good Charlotte. I stayed on that song, feeling that it summed up my feelings at the moment. After that song was done “Everything I Do, I Do For You” by Bryan Adams, came up, frustrating me even more.

It seems like my iPod is trying to tell me something, but what that is, I’m not sure. Could it be that I’m in love with someone and don’t know it? Or could it be that someone is in love with me and hasn’t told me? Or, is the point it’s trying to get across the fact that I don’t want to be in love? I have no idea. I just thought it was kind of funny. And strange.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I definitely know how that goes. Whenever I'm not in the mood for a certain type song, it always comes on. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete